A2 Layout Board



Q1. What key research references inspired your final designs and why are these important (these can be things mentionted in sessions, during your research or while on one of the trips, visits or client meets)?

Q1.
The key References which inspired my work are the Graphic design Idea Book and Graphic Design School. I feel like two books helped me create my layout for my information board by making me consider things like the layout of text, fonts and colour scheme. As well as books and websites, the other major factor which inspired my work is the trip to the Tudor house Museum. This gave me a feel for the place I was designing for and helped me to come up with the designs I did. 

Q2. Give 3x reasons why you feel your visual system designs for the Tudor House are effective.

Q2.
  • The colour scheme matches the theme of the room I was designing for. 
  • The information board is engaging for people who may have visual or hearing impairment as my board can include a screen with videos behind it where the audience can wear headphones to listen to the videos or look at the subtitles on the screen. The a4 information sheet includes a QR code which sends you to the website which includes activity sheets for children, videos of the museum which could include subtitles for people with hearing impairment. There will also be extra information about the room on the website. 
  • The web page designs will be easy to navigate which I thought would be important for the older generation and even young children.  
Q3. What considerations with materials have you included and why (i.e. boards, projections, physical materials, games etc, etc)?

Q3. 
I believe this question has been answered above. Although I did not design any children's activity sheets I thought these could be included on the website where families can download them after the visit or for the visit to the museum. The activity sheets can help children engage with the exhibition. The videos on the information board will also be engaging for younger people and families. 

Comments