Designs & Development
Designs & Development
These screenshots below are of my final and development designs. My Initial designs can be found on a separate blog post.
Tudor House Museum Information Board
At first I did struggle to come up with a concept for the information board. I decided I needed to start with a background first, rather than to start with a layout.
As the room in the Tudor house is about the world war I wanted the colour scheme to represent this. Although the colour scheme matches the theme I knew a background with a limited colour palette would make a good background.
Final Design
Tudor House Museum Home Web Page
Here you can see the development of my web pages. I did experiment a lot with the floral background design. However, I decided against this after re-visiting the brief. The web pages need to include the colour scheme I used for the information board and I though the floral design was to feminine.
I wanted the web pages to be able to fit on one 'page' so everything is easy to access and in clear view. As people of all ages will be viewing the website, it is important to make it look attractive but not too overwhelming.
Final Design
I wanted this page to look simple and easy to navigate. There is a video of the Tudor house below which is the main element to the page. I think sign language could be used within the video for hearing impaired people. The link text is very easy to read. I decided to use Helvetica as my main font for both web pages as is widely used and very clear to read.
Tudor House Museum Worcester at War Web Page
Final Design
For my final design I worked of the design I created for the homepage of the website. I really admire this page and I feel like it compliments the information board I created. I decided to add poppies instead of Tudor roses for this design as I feel it represents the theme of the room I am designing for. I decided I would include kids activity sheets, a link to more information about the room and a link to some educational videos about the war which could include footage of air raids and footage of Worcester during the war.
A4 Layout Sheet
Final Design
I am very pleased with how this design turned out. I originally was going to create a 3D floor plan but I decided this would affect the look and design of the page. As these sheets will be available for families, groups, tourists, etc, I included a QR code so people with phones can scan it to get on to the Worcester at War web page. I wanted the layout of this sheet to match the information board which can be seen from the layout of the text.
Mock-ups
These are my final designs put into mockups.
I am very happy with my final outcomes. I thought it would be very beneficial to include mockups of what my designs will look like if they are in the real world.
I am pleased with how my designs look on the laptop, tablet and on the wall. I really do think these designs will represent Worcester at War room very well and I believe it will benefit from the colour scheme and give more of an interactive feel.












thanks for presenting us how to build and promote digital sign boards this post is very helpful for me to understand and now i have some clear clarification.
ReplyDeleteSign Board Manufacturers in Chennai
Sign boards chennai