Research (Web Page Designs)

The Metropolitan Museum 


Home Page Design

This is the Homepage for the Metropolitan Museum. As soon as the page loads, you are greeted with a overview video of the museum with text on top. 
They are committed to their red colour scheme which makes the museum distinguishable from others. I admire the use of the red colour and the colours used for the images on this website as it makes the text clear and easy to read. 

Exhibition Page Design






I admire the harmony of the colours on this exhibition page. There are no bold colour other than the red used for the navigation bar at the top of the page. 
From looking at this web page it is obvious they value the eligibility of the text used. There are not many interesting visual qualities to this page and the website as a whole which makes the website feel quite bland and boring to look at.  


The Design Museum


                                 Home Page Design


I really like the homepage for the design museum. The viewer is instantly greeted with images and different animations as you scroll down this page. There is not a lot of text which is important as the viewer does not lose interest. 
The colour scheme used for this website makes it visually pleasing to look at. 

Exhibition Page Design

























The background of the websites exhibition page includes a photo of the exhibition where I can see the information boards. I can instantly see they have stuck with a colour scheme for the information boards and have applied this theme to their website. 
The Design Museums website has made me realise I need to create an effective colour scheme for my own designs for the Tudor House Museum. I have also learnt from this website that simplicity could prove to be very important for my designs and to not over complicate the layout.


Other Museum Web Pages







Comments