Layouts and Initial Ideas
Layout
My final Layouts for this project can be found at the bottom of this blog post.
Fonts
The font above reminded me of war graves and I feel it could be very fitting for the exhibition. This is a font I might consider for my designs simply because it gives a very old rushed, stamp effect.
I have looked into typography in one of my other blog post about typography. In this blog post I will talk about which fonts I have looked at and chosen for my final designs.
Colour scheme
Although I have taken photos from inside the exhibition at the Tudor House Museum, I want to get more of a feel for the time period so I think it is important to look at some coloured photos from the World War to determine a colour scheme as well as considering items and other pieces in the Worcester at War exhibition its self.
The war was a very dark time and I feel the photos represent this. A lot of natural colours were used, mianly to be camouflage and blend in with the environment. On planes in particular there there are symbols to represent a certain country and these stand out against the dull colours at the time.
For my designs I am considering using dull and neutral colours for the background and using colourful illustrations created in Adobe Illustrator to stand out. I think it is important to do this to represent the era but to also include some form of colour to make it stand out in the exhibition. I am considering using reds, blues, greys, greens and other neutral colours at this point in time.
Designs
I want to include an illustration of a spitfire plane on my information board. There were a lot of spitfire images and models in the exhibition of the Tudor house and I think it is relevant to include this on the information board. This design beneath is what I am considering using for the information board. I designed this in Adobe Illustrator.
Design Layout Ideas
After a lot of thought I actually created the background for the information board first based on the colour scheme below. This then gave me something to base my information board layout on.
The development of the information board, A4 information sheet, and web pages can be found in one of my most recent posts called designs and development.
The development of the information board, A4 information sheet, and web pages can be found in one of my most recent posts called designs and development.
Information Board Layout
Since visiting the Design museum in London, it has given me a lot of inspiration to consider different types of people who will be viewing the information board.
When coming up with this design I knew I wanted to have an interactive screen behind the information board where you can touch one of the circles in the middle of the information board to play a video. There will be headphones next to the board so people who are blind can listen. I intend for the information board to be A1 or A2 size so the cut outs will be able to display subtitles for people with hearing impediments.
Colour Theme
This colour theme is based on the colour themes I looked at earlier on in this blog post. I feel like this colour pallet is very war specific. There were no pretty bright colours during the war and I feel like the colour pallet of my designs should represent this.
Background Design
The colour pallet made it easier to create a background which I could use for my designs. I felt like these colour work best for the background I designed.
A4 Information Sheet
I did consider different layouts for the information sheet but the digital design on the left hand side is the layout I wanted to go with for my information sheet. I think that this layout is more visually pleasing than the digital one on the right.
Home Page Layout
I did consider a few layouts for the homepage. In the end I felt like the best layout design is the first design shown here. I think that the layout of this design works best than the others because you attention is immediately drawn to the video which compliments the placement of the images, links and text. I think the other designs beneath would not work out well.
War Room Layout
I did consider different layouts for the war room web page but, however, I wanted this page to have a similar layout to the Tudor House Museum home page because they are part of same building/ company.For this page I am considering including poppy designs to add more a 'war like' touch to it. Because I have thought of including poppies for this web page I may include them in my other designs including the information board and A4 information sheet. I am considering using Tudor Roses instead of poppies for the museum home page.



































Comments
Post a Comment