Research (Information Boards)
Information Board Research
Information boards are used in many different types of organisations for communication purposes. Using these types of boards is an effective way of displaying information and communicating with the audience the board is intended for. Placing information boards at carefully-chosen strategic spots in can help gain peoples attention.
The information board above uses a image in the background as the main attraction of the board. The 'light' text in the title 'light and heat' does not stand immediately and the first words noticed are 'and heat'. This is something I will need to avoid when creating my design so I need to consider what background colours I will be using carefully. A way around this dilemma would be to add a shape to the background of the text and change the opacity.
I quite like the idea of this design. I am considering including a timeline at this point in time but I am not sure if I would want it to take up the whole of the information board. Although the layout of this information board well thought about, I do not like the colour scheme used. The purple colour looks too artificial and creates a 'Bradbury's chocolate' type feel to it.
This is a war museum information board. The colours used are very dull and bleak which represents the war and gives it an atmospheric look. I believe the white background is the wall which the information board is mounted on. I like the colours used, but I believe it makes the design look very dramatic which is not the effect I want for my information board design as I want to represent Worcester at war and create a dark feel to it to represent the air raids at night.
The two images above are both from the same place but two different designs about two separate subjects. The person who designed these boards has thought about the colour scheme used. I have noticed a lot of designs about historic events incorporate a dark colour theme which I particularly admire and this is something I want to incorporate in my designs.
With this information board I do see what the designer has tried to do with the text which is to relate the it to the topic it is about, in this case, water. The text is very small on this information board which would cause a problem for people who are visually impaired. This is something I want to avoid when creating my designs.
The other element which is a design flaw with this information board is to the bottom left. The text which is on its side is nearly being cut off. This can be avoided by using a border and expand the shape in which the text is contained in.
Looking at these information boards has helped me gain an understanding of what problems to look out for when creating my designs. It has also made me consider a colour scheme for my information board and other designs.







Comments
Post a Comment